Our employees - Rheem
Our people are critical to the success of the sustainability program, so there are a range of measures which encourage and drive their engagement including:
- site and company-wide sustainability targets
- training of employees in environmental awareness and encouragement of employees to suggest and implement environmental improvements.
Rheem employees have suggested and implemented sustainability initiatives across many parts of our company operations, for example:
- manufacturing plant employees suggested rainwater harvesting in the enamelling area, a project which was subsequently implemented
- spare parts department employees collect and shred waste paper and cardboard for re-use as packaging material
- service department employees collect waste cardboard for collection by a charity organisation
- employees in the IT department coordinate the collection of redundant computer and printer hardware for donation to a charity organisation for recycling and reuse
- many employees coordinate and participate in community and charity events on behalf of Rheem.