|Our people are critical to the success of the sustainability program, so there are a range of measures which encourage and drive their engagement including:|
- site and company-wide sustainability targets
- training of employees in environmental awareness and encouragement of employees to suggest and implement environmental improvements.
|Rheem employees have suggested and implemented sustainability initiatives across many parts of our company operations, for example:|
- manufacturing plant employees suggested rainwater harvesting in the enamelling area, a project which was subsequently implemented
- spare parts department employees collect and shred waste paper and cardboard for re-use as packaging material
- service department employees collect waste cardboard for collection by a charity organisation
- employees in the IT department coordinate the collection of redundant computer and printer hardware for donation to a charity organisation for recycling and reuse
- many employees coordinate and participate in community and charity events on behalf of Rheem.