Rheem 6 Star Continuous Flow Range - Rheem
Rheem rises to challenge with launch of full 6+ Star range
17th May, 2013
Gas water heaters can play a bigger role in assisting the abatement of Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions, according to the Energy Networks Association (ENA) in its new proposal Reducing emissions from residential hot water heating. And leading water heater manufacturer, Rheem Australia is rising to the challenge with the launch of a complete 6+ Star gas continuous flow water heater range.
This is Australia’s first full range of 6+ Star continuous flow water heaters – and the benefits to householders will be greater energy efficiency, cost savings and reduced emissions.
“This is a significant development in the evolution of water heaters in Australia,” says John Wilkins, Rheem’s group product manager high efficiency gas.
“As highlighted by the Energy Networks Association at the Gas 2020: New Strategies New Markets conference, gas water heaters are more efficient than electric resistance water heaters and have lower upfront costs to households than solar.
“Increasing demand for higher efficiency water heaters is why we’ve upgraded our entire continuous flow water heater range to 6+ Star. They deliver improved energy efficiency to reduce carbon emissions and running costs – which means they’re good for the hip pocket and the environment.”
As a rule of thumb, the ‘average’ home will reduce their gas consumption by approximately 2,000 MJ or around $30 - $40 per year (for every one star increase in efficiency), depending on which state you live in and thus which tariff you are on.
Hot water when you need it Continuous flow gas water heaters deliver hot water that will never run out, because they heat water when you need it, for as long as you need it. They work differently from storage water heaters, only heating on demand rather heating and storing water until needed.
Rheem’s range of 6+ Star continuous flow water heaters is available for natural gas and propane, and includes models which deliver 12L, 16L, 18L, 20L, 24L and 27L a minute flow rates, depending on householders’ hot water needs. They are also ideal for more compact homes or apartments, or where space is at a premium, because they’re mounted to the wall and take up less space.
Key features of Rheem’s 6+ Star continuous flow water heaters:
- Capacities to suit every home, apartment or family – 12L, 16L, 18L, 20L, 24L and 27/minute flow rates
- Flamesafe® overheat protection, which automatically shuts down your heater should it overheat
- Rheem EZ Link® - delivers up to 54L per minute by link to Rheem units to act as one, thereby doubling capacity
- Rheem Q Factor™ - ensures rapid hot water every time, without the fluctuation when multiple taps demand hot water
- Family safety – electronic control means accurate and reliable water temperature, reducing the risk of accidental scalding
- Electronic remote temperature controllers – for accurate setting of the ideal and safety temperature for bathroom and kitchen
- Solar ready – Rheem 70° capable models are compatible with solar systems, without the need for special fittings
- Compact size – for maximum flexibility in design to houses and apartments
- Available to suit either natural gas or propane
- 10 year warranty (conditions apply click here for warranty information)